April 12, 2009

Home Opener @ Wrigley

It's a strange feeling knowing I won't be at Wrigley for opening day this year. My best friend, who has two young kids, couldn't make it this time. But I did enjoy two spring training games (one at Hohokam and one at Tucson Electric Park).

It certainly has been an interesting start. Soriano's been hitting the ball really well (first pitch HR again today in Milwaukee). We should have Soto back by the middle of this week following his shoulder inflammation. I think the real fun will be to wait and see what lineup changes happen as the season gets underway.

Piniella has just come off two very disappointing playoff years where a lack of left-handed bats was a serious issue. Now he seems dead set on alternating left and right handed batters. I think we may see that change. Kevin Gregg is Lou's choice for closer, but I think we may see more from Marmol. In any case, I'm looking forward to another exciting season. Let's Go Cubs!

No comments: